Harvey is the Ideal Location for a Solar Farm
Benger Solar Farm will be located around 15km south of Harvey, and 20 km north-east of Bunbury, the 3rd largest city in Western Australia. Covering approximately 187 hectares of land, the solar farm will be in a prime location to have excellent exposure to Western Australia’s solar resources.
Why at Benger?
There are many reasons why Benger has been chosen as the site for our proposed solar farm. Some of these include:
- The terrain has already been predominantly cleared and the surface is mostly even;
- It’s in an excellent position to take full advantage of Western Australia’s solar resources;
- There are ideal site access points connecting to Campbell Road and the South Western Highway, one of the region’s key distributor roads, via Marriott Road;
- The visual impact of the solar farm upon the community is kept to a minimum due to natural screening provided by adjoining agricultural farmlands surrounding the site; and
- High voltage electricity infrastructure is closeby and facilitates straightforward connection to the Wholesale Electricity Market (WEM).